"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, October 15

Presidential Synopsis

If you have ever heard Brian Regan, he's one of the funniest comics I've heard. Watch this little clip and then read on.



So I got home from work today and Carin showed me a book that our daughter is reading. She's 3 and is very bright. Carin began reading the book called "The Vet". I will give you the text.

The vet got into the van. A big cat at the zoo had a bad leg. The vet had to fix the cat. The cat ran. The vet ran. Yes, Yes the cat can run. The cat ran zig zag. The vet ran zip zap. ZAM! The cat and the vet sat. Ok cat. Ok Vet. The End.

Now for the back cover...."Some children will need an explanation of what a vet is. Most will know that the big cat is a lion. This book has a degree of violence with the vet and the cat going zig, zag, and zam! It shows that when you zap somebody, both parties are apt to get hurt. Vet and the cat look at each other very tentatively with their aching legs. Finally, after a cooling-off period, they do become friends. They find that conflict can be followed by friendship and love." Awwwww.....give me a break.

Carin was laughing out loud because the bit from Brian Regan is so true.

I somehow found a way to tie this in with the presidential debate in my twisted mind.

As I watched the two candidates answer questions about their policies, I didn't feel like either one of them was being transparent or completely truthful with me..and if anyone was more truthful I regret I felt it was Obama. Now for my crazy tie-in. Wouldn't it be nice if a politician who wanted my vote laid it out nice and simple for me to interpret in my own mind instead of answering questions in a way that made me want to either reach through the screen and choke them for insulting my intelligence numerous times or make me puke with their political talk-arounds. Give me a freakin' yes or no. All the questions were asked very well. Just turn off the politician for a minute, shut up and talk to me in plain terms. The debate could have lasted 20 minutes.

By the way-if McCain is elected, someone's gotta talk to the guy about the nervous ticks and faces he pulls. It's seriously painful to watch.

2 comments:

Mrs B said...

The tics, the faces & that incessant wierd smile. Blech.

Carlee Hoopes said...

So I wasted about 45 minutes last night watching Brian Regan clips on You Tube. Thanks a lot. Seriously though, that guy's hilarious. I loved the UPS one. Anyway, good presidential tie-in as well. :)