"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

Friday, December 5

Ribeye Anyone?


The Environmental Protection Agency has proposed a new fee on dairy and cattle farmers. They would be subject to a fee of $175 per dairy cow, $87.50 for beef cattle and $20 for each pig. This would add $30,000 to $40,000 of expense to the average cattle business. You might ask yourself why. Cows and pigs emit too many toxic gasses from their rumps that harm the environment. If the nutjobs vegetarians at the EPA/Sierra Club/PETA can come up with this laughable proposal, I think we might be able to report and fine some friends and relatives after Thanksgiving dinners. Yet another source of revenue for government! Let's use these fees to work on cloning gasless cows. Who could we tax for the wild buffalo and mustang herds? Just because you don't eat meat people......I seriously am laughing out loud as I write this! You just might see an added charge next time you go out for Mexican.

Blanca Rosalis of El Paso, TX is asking for someone to take her 9 year old daughter from her. You see she has to work graveyard shifts just to get by and only gets to spend an hour with her daughter each day. On the news tonight, she was quoted as saying, "It's just come to where I need my job more than I need my child." Excuse me? Now she gets to blame the economy right? Or Bush....that excuse is only good for another 7 weeks. I'm hoping she would rephrase this statement if asked. Poor little girl....I hope mom didn't record that news story to play back for her daughter in 20 years. Warm Fuzzies all over!


O.J. Simpson got his day in court today. Sentenced to up to 33 years in prison. The judge made it clear to him that his sentence was for the act of armed robbery and not because we all know he got off Scott-free for murder in 1995. However, the family of Ron Goldman made a statement today that thanks to them O.J. is finally in jail. They claim if they hadn't continuously sought after the $34 Million settlement in the wrongful death suit, O.J. wouldn't have been so desperate. So for all of you that wished O.J. had gotten his the first time around, the Goldman's want you to know that it just wouldn't have been possible without them. In prison I'm sure he'll just tell everyone that "the Goldmans made me do it".


As a final funny occurrence of the day I drove to work today next to a company work truck. The name of the business was "Erection and Fabrication". I'm assuming it to be some type of scaffolding company or something. However, I was disappointed that there was no tag line under that reading "Two things we men excel at".

1 comment:

Carlee Hoopes said...

That's ridiculous. So by taxing them, of course we'll have to pay more for our stuff...but heaven forbid people actually think about that. Ignorance is bliss.