"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, October 16

Excuse me Waiter!.....There's a Flaw in my Superhero



(McCain and Obama in their younger, superhero days before Obama decided to take the roll of Robin Hood)

One political reality that no one will talk about is Obama's tax increase on businesses that make more than $250,000. I'll be honest with you, I don't know where Obama is getting his whacked out numbers that 95% of small businesses make less than $250,000. Is he factoring in Isagenix consultants, Avon Ladies, Amway consultants and Internet spammers? Most small businesses that create jobs HAVE to make more than $250,000 to employ people, pay rent, purchase inventory and still make a living themselves. If their tax rate goes from 35% to 39% I have news for you consumer, it's not going to be paid at the corporate level because CORPORATIONS DON'T PAY TAXES! They will pass that increase in expense to do business to YOU. Ask any small business owner what will happen if their taxes go up 4%. They will tell you to expect their products and services to get more expensive. This is not a "Robin Hood" tax on the rich to give to the poor. This is a direct tax to the American people that are struggling right now. Sometimes I wonder what planet this man is from! Honestly has he ever run a business? Wake up from your rock star dreams people!

I never agreed with Obama on anything until last night during the debate when he critsized John McCain's health care policy. He was right. Carin and I have experienced this exact situation. Our health benefits through my employer went from $340/month in 2004 to $574 in 2008. I work in insurance so I looked at a personal policy that would save us over $270 a month to drop my group coverage and go to my own policy. Naturally we did. When I asked why the premiums went up so much I was told that many young families that are healthy enough to get their own insurance are and that leaves older, less healthy participants on the plan, thus increasing risk to the company and insurance premuims to everyone else. So yes, I guess I am part of the problem but for $$270 month, I don't mind. Obama pointed out that if everyone got a $5,000 check to go out and find their own insurance on the free market, there would be an exodus of younger people to persoanl plans and the same thing would happen...either making the premiums on the group plans too out of reach for older, less healthy people or forcing the employer to eliminate coverages or reduce benefits altogether because of costs.

Again, is anyone advising these people who have been in business for themselves? Perhaps they should spend more time running their ideas past the people they will affect before repeating the same crap 20 times on national television.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so TRUE!!!

J.Comics said...

I think he is from the planet of the apes, I don't really like either of the cadidates though...