"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, February 18

Legislative Bribery

I don't mean to be cynical (most of the time). But I find myself often thinking in a way that I don't like to admit. But here goes....

When I or my wife goes out to buy something for Christmas, birthday, Valentine's Day, we go out and spend our money on each other and often times I think it would be easier to if she wrote me a check from our joint bank account, saved herself the trip, the shopping and the fretting over what to gift me and told me to go deposit it in the bank. Now I know that defeats the purpose and I wouldn't ever suggest she do that but I see a parallel with our current state in our stimulus crazed society.

We are printing/borrowing trillions of dollars to stimulate our economy. The money we are borrowing is being spent on US citizens to merely appease them and win their favor.

Let me expound...
$500 Billion of the $789 Billion stimulus is ear marked for spending. According to Recovery.gov, President Obama's Stimulus propaganda website, the following areas of the economy will get stimulated. Everyone is screaming for stimulation.

1. Education and "Training"-$53 Billion-Paid to Universities, professors and appeasement to very liberal teacher's unions.
2. State and Local Fiscal Relief-$144 Billion-Paid to states that have demonstrated their love for ultra-liberal economic and social programs that have helped bring these states like New York and California to their knees. Also states full of liberals.
3.Health Care-$59 Billion-Also paid to a professional industry that has a vested interest in Obama and his checkbook.
4. Energy-$43 Billion-Money sent to hippies to do research on solar and wind power. None of which will actually help us with our dependence on foreign oil. Paid to those who helped Obama get elected.
5.Protecting the Vulnerable-$81 Billion-Obviously we need to help everyone who is in trouble. The vulnerable vote too.
6.Infrastructure and Science-$111 Billion- Paid to Scientists who will eventually find that we are indeed ruining the planet from all of our roads and bridges we build.
The following is from Recovery.org......

"...The money is being distributed by Federal agencies, and soon you'll be able to see where it's going -- to which states, to which congressional districts, even to which Federal contractors. As soon as we are able to, we'll display that information visually in maps, charts, and graphics."

This is almost laughable to me. They either don't have any idea where the money will be spent yet, or they know and they aren't saying. "As soon as we know.." Good one. My name is Kirk and I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

This is a big fruit basket with a billion dollars to all of those who either helped Obama get into office, support a cause that Obama does or is simply nothing more than helping those who will in turn vote for Mr. Obama and their democratic congressmen who "helped them out" with some free money. Those who will be receiving help will most likely be those who don't pay taxes anyway. To me it is simply legislated bribery.

Wouldn't it be a lot easier if we just wrote ourselves a big check? We are taking money from one pocket, putting it in the other and wishing ourselves happy anniversary. At least President Obama has taken the time to go shopping.

No comments: